A Dynamic Academic/Professional Partnership
- Hollins-Mill Mountain Winter Festival of New Works. Each year original plays from HTI are given pre-premiere workshop productions in partnership with MMT, helping to sustain Roanoke’s long-standing enthusiasm and support for the development of new works.
- M.F.A. Playwright’s Lab summer residency at MMT. For six weeks every summer, the M.F.A. program in playwriting (also known as Playwright’s Lab) splits its time between the Hollins campus and MMT’s various stages, hosting guest speakers of national renown, the annual Hollins Playwrights Festival, and Overnight Sensations, a 24-hour play event.
- Faculty and guest artists. Working professional artists from MMT serve as adjunct faculty and guest artists at the Hollins Theatre Institute throughout the year.
- Undergraduate Internships. Hollins students have the opportunity to complete internships throughout the year, while obtaining academic credit. Audition and performance opportunities are available, as well as behind-the-scenes internships in technical and arts administration areas.
- Post-graduate apprenticeships. Upon graduation, Hollins students can apply for a paid professional apprenticeship at MMT, allowing them to begin their careers in the city where they trained.
Find out more about Mill Mountain Theatre.