Doc Brock” is the coeditor of Children’s Literature in Education, the oldest existing journal focused on children’s literature. She is a professor of English at Longwood University (in Virginia), home to an undergraduate program in children’s literature. She regularly teaches classes in the history of children’s literature, young adult, the gothic, fairy tales, and 19th-century British literature. In 2019 she won the Distinguished Alumni Award at her alma mater, Parkside University. Her most recent essays can be found in Horror Literature and Dark Fantasies: Challenging Genres (2018) and Ouija and American Popular Culture: Conjuring the Occult (forthcoming from Routledge).
- History and Criticism of Children's Literature
- Special Topics Courses in Fairy Tales
- Special Topics Course in Horror for Children
- Ph.D., University of South Carolina Columbia
- M.A., Georgia Southern University
- B.A., University of Wisconsin - Parkside