A graduate of the Paier School of Art, Ruth Sanderson’s children’s book career spans over 40 years and 85+ books for children, including numerous fairytale retellings, such asThe Twelve Dancing Princesses, Cinderella, Goldilocks, and Papa Gatto. The Texas Bluebonnet Award was given to her Russian fairytale retelling—The Golden Mare, The Firebird, and the Magic Ring. Her original fairytale The Enchanted Wood won the Bank Street College Award and the Young Hoosier Award. Sanderson’s most recent picture book is a nonfiction biography: A Storm of Horses: the story of Artist Rosa Bonheur. Her work has been included in exhibitions in numerous museums and galleries around the country and in many permanent collections. Ruth lives with her family in Massachusetts. Her website is www.ruthsanderson.com
- Creating Picture Books
- Picture Book Writing
- Tutorial Children’s Book Media
- Graduate, Paier School of Art
Publications & Articles
- The Twelve Dancing Princesses, Little, Brown
- Papa Gatto, Little, Brown
- A Castle Full of Cats, Random House
- Professional writer and illustrator with over 80 published books.
- Numerous book awards including the Texas Bluebonnet Award and the Young Hoosier Award.
- Illustrations included in numerous museum exhibitions, including a solo exhibition at the Norman Rockwell Museum.