There are a number of tasks that you must complete to prepare for your arrival at Hollins.
- Review the first-year seminars, including Student Success Leader (SSL) bios.
- Select a seminar by taking the Advising Questionnaire.
transfer & Horizon students
- Take the Advising Questionnaire.
All incoming students
- Take online placement tests. You can take placement tests between April 1 and May 28 for:
- Math/quantitative reasoning
2. Prepare a tentative schedule. During the month of June, you’ll meet with an academic advisor to discuss your interests and finalize your schedule before registration. A typical course load is 4 four-credit courses per term (one of these courses will be your first-year seminar), plus a sport or physical activity. Refer to the schedule of classes and the academic catalog before meeting with an advisor in June.