The campus security station is located in the lobby of Botetourt Hall. It is staffed 24 hours a day throughout the year.
Numbers You Should Know
[Emergency] Ext. 6911 (362-6911): connects any campus phone with the security department. Use it when in need of fire, police, or medical response, or in case of a threat to community safety.
[Nonemergency] Ext. 6419: for personal safety escorts and other nonemergency calls.
Emergency Call Boxes
Hollins has 14 emergency phones located at strategic points around the campus. Thirteen have a blue light, visible at night, atop metal or wooden poles. Pressing the red button connects you with the dispatch center.
Residence Hall Security
- All exterior doors to the student residence halls, except the front doors to Main Building and East Dorm, are locked 24 hours a day.
- Student rooms in newer residence halls have deadbolts, but some older residence hall rooms have conventional door locks.
- Student residences have a two-lock system (exterior residence hall door and each student’s room). Students must lock their own rooms.
- Students must escort their male guests in residence halls at all times.
- Security officers inspect facilities on every duty tour, and write repair orders, Repairs affecting personal or residence hall security are priorities and made as soon as possible.
- Some university facilities are equipped with video camera surveillance systems and are monitored 24/7 in the security department dispatch center.
- Although administrative buildings are locked after normal business hours, some academic buildings are open 24/7 for student access. Security officers patrol all 24/7 buildings.
- The facilities management department maintains university buildings and grounds with concerns for safety and security.
- Visitors to the campus may use the reserved visitor spaces in the Library Loop Lot (right turn at entrance) or the Dana/Moody Lot (left turn at entrance).
- If a visitor space cannot be found or all visitor spaces are in use, visitors to the campus may use any non-reserved space in the various campus parking lots.
- Visitor parking permits are not required, but may be obtained at the campus security station located in Botetourt Hall.
- Student guests must obtain a guest parking permit at the campus security station located in Botetourt Hall.
- Students, student guests, and employees can find current parking information at https://security.press.hollins.edu/husd-policies/